These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Reason why He allowed afflictions and the expected Result
1. Allowed Affliction to deepen your knowledge of God
Job 22:21 Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.
2. Allowed Affliction to strength your prayer life.
James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
3. Allowed affliction to Expose you to God grace
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
4. Allowed affliction to reveal God faithfulness
Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
5. Allowed affliction to leaf you to God Word
Psalms 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
6. Allowed Affliction to deepen your trust in God providence.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
7. Allowed affliction to bring you back to God.
KJV Jeremiah 3:22 Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backsliding. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.
COMMENTS